3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Dec. 6
The 10 menu trends for 2013 will be:
- 1. Locally sourced meats and seafood
- 2. Locally grown produce
- 3. Healthful kids' meals
- 4. Environmental sustainability as a culinary theme
- 5. Children's nutrition as a culinary theme
- 6. New cuts of meat (e.g. Denver steak, pork flat iron, teres major)
- 7. Hyper-local sourcing (e.g. restaurant gardens)
- 8. Gluten-free cuisine
- 9. Sustainable seafood
- 10. Whole-grain items in kids' meals
According to QSR Magazine, respondents also said the best way to address rising food costs was by changing menus, adjusting plate composition and exploring sourcing options.
-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York.
To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com.
>To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.