Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Friday, April 19:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were eyeing a higher open Friday, pointing to a rebound after stocks slid to their lowest point in weeks even after bellwether General Electric
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Friday is bare.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Thursday finished with losses.
The S&P 500 lost 0.7% to close at 1,541.61.
4. -- One of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing is dead after the killing of a university officer and a shootout with police, and a massive manhunt is underway for the other, authorities said early Friday.
5. -- General Electric
6. -- Blackstone
The move by Blackstone eases the way for founder Michael Dell and his private-equity partner Silver Lake to take Dell private in a $24.4 billion deal.
7. -- Hamburger chain McDonald's
8. -- IBM