The '5 Dumbest Things' Holiday Quiz: Answers
Congratulations to those who took our Thanksgiving quiz which recapped Wall Street's biggest flops during the fall. Hopefully, you had some fun.
Justin Schweitzer from Baltimore, Md. is our winner. He'll get an autographed copy of Jim Cramer's Get Rich Carefully . Thanks to all for playing.
Now, here are the answers.
A. Brazilian soccer riots
B. Tea Party Rallies
C. Kid n Play House Parties
D. Lynchings in the Deep South
ANSWER: D. Bob later apologized for the asinine analogy.
2. Which companys stock did overeager Twitter investors mistakenly pile into a month before the social media company went public in November, sending its shares up 1,400%?
A. Towers Watson
B. Tweeter Home Entertainment Group
D. Time Warner
ANSWER: B. Bankrupt Tweeter got an unlikely boost from a bunch of twits!
3. Shares of Coronado BioSciences
A. Altered cells found in the livers of Chickens
B. Irradiated soybeans
C. Live eggs of a parasite found in pig excrement
D. Expired Parmalat milk
ANSWER: C. Definitely not kosher for shareholders.
4. Which ratings agency downgraded Americas local and foreign currency ratings to A- from A in October despite Congress last ditch deal to end the government shutdown?
ANSWER: A. You dont need Chuck Barris for Dagong show. Just bad credit.
5. What did domestic diva Martha Stewart say in late October after her company Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
A. We cleared up the issue. I hope this helps in the resolution of the lawsuit.
B. I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I don't want to.
C. It must have been some other body, uh uh, Sarge, it wasn't me.
D. I just did it and I want to do it again.
ANSWER: A. Not a good thing Martha! At least not a good apology.
6. A late October SEC filing revealed that activist investor Carl Icahn sold more than half of his Netflix
A. We believe the company remains significantly undervalued.
B. We believe Netflix is one of the great consumer bargains of our time.
C. What the hell does he know? My dad cant even set the clock on the microwave over, let alone download a Netflix movie.