TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RIG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.75% to $786.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 21.78%.
- TRANSOCEAN LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRANSOCEAN LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$17.76 versus $2.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.94 versus -$17.76).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, TRANSOCEAN LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1090.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$32.00 million to -$381.00 million.
Transocean Ltd. provides offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells worldwide. It offers deepwater and harsh environment drilling, oil and gas drilling management, and drilling engineering and drilling project management services. The company has a P/E ratio of -2.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Transocean has a market cap of $17.48 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 26.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
Rating Change #1
Manulife Financial Corporation (MFC) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.