TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Rating Change #6
Buckeye Partners LP (BPL) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 177.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$109.70 million to $85.12 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 130.50% to $0.85 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.43%.
- BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $1.25 versus $1.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.77 versus $1.25).
- BPL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates refined petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. Its Pipelines and Terminals segment transports refined petroleum products and provides bulk storage and terminal throughput services in the continental United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Buckeye Partners L.P has a market cap of $4.54 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 22.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.