TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 99.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, AMERICA MOVIL SA DE CV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AMERICA MOVIL SA DE CV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICA MOVIL SA DE CV reported lower earnings of $1.51 versus $1.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.03 versus $1.51).
- In its most recent trading session, AMX has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.36 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, AMX has a quick ratio of 0.66, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. provides telecommunications services primarily in the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean. The company offers mobile and fixed voice services, including airtime, local, long-distance, public telephony, and network interconnection services. The company has a P/E ratio of 13, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. America Movil S.A.B. de C.V has a market cap of $89.22 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
Rating Change #1
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity.