TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Joy Global Inc. engages in the manufacture and servicing of mining equipment for the extraction of coal, copper, iron ore, oil sands, and other minerals. The company operates in two segments, Underground Mining Machinery and Surface Mining Equipment. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Joy Global has a market cap of $6.53 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are down 17.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
Rating Change #1
Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WYNN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- WYNN RESORTS LTD has improved earnings per share by 9.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WYNN RESORTS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $4.89 versus $1.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.46 versus $4.89).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, WYNN RESORTS LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $328.41 million or 3.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.58%.
- 37.40% is the gross profit margin for WYNN RESORTS LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.62% trails the industry average.