TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Rating Change #1
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals Inc (SCMP) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, SUCAMPO PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.08 million to -$5.95 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.94 million or 120.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of drugs based on prostones and other novel drug technologies in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals Inc. A has a market cap of $212 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.