TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1185.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $255.00 million to -$2,769.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for NAVISTAR INTERNATIONAL CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.70%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -84.44% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $264.00 million or 22.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, NAVISTAR INTERNATIONAL CORP has marginally lower results.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 44.80%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 1253.16% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- NAVISTAR INTERNATIONAL CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NAVISTAR INTERNATIONAL CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$43.60 versus $22.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$2.73 versus -$43.60).
Navistar International Corporation, through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells commercial and military trucks, buses, diesel engines, and recreational vehicles, as well as provides service parts for trucks and trailers worldwide. Navistar International has a market cap of $1.88 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are up 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.