TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Rating Change #5
PetMed Express Inc (PETS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 17.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $3.90 million to $4.58 million.
- PETS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.49, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, PETMED EXPRESS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 346.94% to $6.11 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PETMED EXPRESS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.38%.
PetMed Express, Inc. and its subsidiaries, doing business as 1-800-PetMeds, market prescription and non-prescription pet medications, health products, and supplies for dogs and cats in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 14, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. PetMed Express has a market cap of $230.7 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 3.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
Rating Change #4
Noble Corporation (NE) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.