TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
NEW YORK ( TheStreet Ratings ) -- Every trading day TheStreet Ratings' stock model reviews the investment ratings on around 4,300 U.S. traded stocks for potential upgrades or downgrades based on the latest available financial results and trading activity.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 55 U.S. common stocks for week ending March 8, 2013. 32 stocks were upgraded and 23 stocks were downgraded by our stock model.
Rating Change #10
BioScrip Inc (BIOS) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, BIOS is up 68.21% to its most recent closing price of 10.85. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- BIOS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 17.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- BIOS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.80 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BIOS's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.60 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, BIOSCRIP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2205.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.55 million to -$11.54 million.
BioScrip Inc. provides pharmacy and home health services in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 136.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. BioScrip has a market cap of $620.7 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 0.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.