TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
NEW YORK (TheStreet Ratings) -- Every trading day TheStreet Ratings' stock model reviews the investment ratings on around 4,300 U.S. traded stocks for potential upgrades or downgrades based on the latest available financial results and trading activity.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 57 U.S. common stocks for week ending April 26, 2013. 29 stocks were upgraded and 28 stocks were downgraded by our stock model.
Rating Change #10
Power Integrations Inc
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- POWI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- POWER INTEGRATIONS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, POWER INTEGRATIONS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$1.21 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus -$1.21).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, POWER INTEGRATIONS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Power Integrations, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs), and other electronic components and circuitry used in high-voltage power conversion. Power Integrations has a market cap of $1.12 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 14.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.