TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
NEW YORK (TheStreet Ratings) -- Every trading day TheStreet Ratings' stock model reviews the investment ratings on around 4,300 U.S. traded stocks for potential upgrades or downgrades based on the latest available financial results and trading activity.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 77 U.S. common stocks for week ending May 13, 2013. 45 stocks were upgraded and 32 stocks were downgraded by our stock model.
Rating Change #10
Carmike Cinemas Inc
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, CARMIKE CINEMAS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for CARMIKE CINEMAS INC is rather low; currently it is at 17.60%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -4.44% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $5.82 million or 41.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
Carmike Cinemas, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a motion picture exhibitor in the United States. The company operates digital cinema and three-D cinema theatres that show films on a first-run basis; and discount theatres primarily serving small to mid-size non-urban markets. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Carmike Cinemas has a market cap of $314.4 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 17.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.