VF Corp (VFC) Holds TheStreet's Buy-Rating Despite Retail Slowdown
Editor's Note: VFC Corp is a Trifecta Stocks holding. If you own, or are thinking of owning VFC, you HAVE to sign up for the FREE webinar hosted by TheStreet's fundamental expert Bryan Ashenberg and technical expert Bob Lang. Sign up now !
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Trifecta Stocks' Bryan Ashenberg and Bob Lang maintained their buy-rating on clothing manufacturer and marketer VF Corp
Though admitting the stock is "challenging", Ashenberg and Lang believe the market will realize the company's value as it continues to grow.
"We see upside from the company's overseas expansion and as the company fully builds out each of its portfolio brands' reach," they wrote in a note.
The company's brands include The North Face, Timberland, Vans, Lee and Wrangler. International sales currently contribute 37% of total sales, a figure expected to increase as the European market stabilizes.
VF Corp is set to report third-quarter earnings before the bell on October 21.
Shares are 0.11% lower to $194.51, as of 1:05 p.m. EST. Year to date, share price has risen 28.8%.
TheStreet Ratings team rates VF Corp as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate VF Corp (VFC) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had subpar growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.7%.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 50.99% to $279.74 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VF Corp has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -28.46%.
- The gross profit margin for VF Corp is rather high; currently it is at 50.69%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.22% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, VF CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: VFC Ratings Report
Remember: VF Corp is a Trifecta Stocks holding. If you own, or are thinking of owning VFC, you HAVE to sign up for the FREE webinar hosted by TheStreet's fundamental expert Bryan Ashenberg and technical expert Bob Lang. Sign up now !