Company Offers One-Year $1 Million Vacation
NEW YORK (MainStreet) Now here is a company with benefits. On day one, you take a one-year, all expenses paid vacation. Your budget: $1 million.
Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI), an online resource for affluent travelers, is making the offer to an individual or couple who are willing to travel the world in "exceedingly extravagant fashion."
The company will cover all travel-related costs, including accommodations, food and entertainment up to $1 million for a one-year period.
What's the catch? You have to agree to visit certain luxury resorts and write detailed accounts of your experiences. And other than traveling, wining and dining for a year expense free it's an unpaid position.
"Certain agreed destinations and venues must be visited and comprehensive reports and insights must be delivered," the company says. "Applicants must be in a financial position to take the trip without remuneration and be free of any professional/business commitments."
LTI says it is seeking a passionate and discerning luxury traveler willing to work anonymously to experience and review trending hotels, restaurants and nightlife.
"You will spend one year travelling in uber luxurious style; visiting the world's most glamorous locations; and casting a refined eye on the latest hotels, restaurants and entertainment that each has to offer," the LTI application webpage says. "You will also be testing various luxury modes of travel including yachts, jets and Japan's Kyushi Seven Stars luxury train."
The company says the travel researcher(s) can expect an itinerary that includes:
- Venice Determining if the Aman is living up to its potential, plus a look at the new Gritti Palace
- Necker Island Establishing if the food has improved
- Buenos Aires Reviewing the Four Seasons following its major refurbishment
- Miami Checking out the new Metropolitan by Como, assessing the Fisher Island Club's major renovation and visiting the newly opened Roberto Cavalli Restaurant
- Las Vegas Discovering new dining, lounge and club openings
- Maldives Exploring Velaa Private Island
- Ski Resorts Checking out the many newly-opened resort properties, including the W Hotel in Verbier, L'Apogée in Courchevel and The Chedi in Andermatt.
LTI says applicants will need to be: discreet, discerning, eloquent and sociable. They also must have considerable travel passion, knowledge and experience and a fine appreciation of food, culture and entertainment.
Applications can be completed here and are due by midnight (GMT) on April 30, 2014.
--Written by Hal M. Bundrick for MainStreet