Rates from Bankrate.com

  • Mortgage
  • Credit Cards
  • Auto

How Will Federal Reserve Policy Affect U.S. Stocks in 2015?

Here are six reasons the market can still rise even after this recent Fed-led rally.

National Top Stories
  • S&P 500 at All-Time Highs in Sleepy Post-Christmas Trading

    The S&P 500 drifts to all-time highs.

  • Strategy To YieldBoost UVE To 7.7% Using Options

    Shareholders of Universal Insurance Holdings Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1% annualized dividend yield can sell the August 2015 covered call at the $25 strike and collect the premium based on the 90 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 6.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 7.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $25 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but UVE shares would have to advance 21.2% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 25.6% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

  • How To YieldBoost RGR From 1.6% To 14.5% Using Options

    Shareholders of Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.6% annualized dividend yield can sell the April 2015 covered call at the $37.50 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.40 bid, which annualizes to an additional 12.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 14.5% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

  • How To YieldBoost FEI From 1.1% To 9% Using Options

    Shareholders of FEI Co. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.1% annualized dividend yield can sell the June 2015 covered call at the $100 strike and collect the premium based on the $3.50 bid, which annualizes to an additional 7.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

  • First Week Of August 2015 Options Trading For Organovo Holdings

    Investors in Organovo Holdings Inc saw new options become available this week, for the August 2015 expiration. One of the key inputs that goes into the price an option buyer is willing to pay, is the time value, so with 238 days until expiration the newly available contracts represent a potential opportunity for sellers of puts or calls to achieve a higher premium than would be available for the contracts with a closer expiration.

Analyst Ratings
Don't Miss
Jim Cramer's "Mad Money"
Personal Finance
Personal Technology
Your Career
Aerospace & Defense
Currencies & Commodities
Healthcare & Biotech
Taxes & Regulations