Trade-Ideas: Avago Technologies (AVGO) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Avago Technologies ( AVGO) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Avago Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AVGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $95.4 million.
- AVGO is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVGO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AVGO:
Avago Technologies Limited engages in the design, development, and supply of analog semiconductor devices with a focus on III-V based products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. AVGO has a PE ratio of 18.7. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Avago Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Avago Technologies has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Avago has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are up 26.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Avago Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- AVGO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.23, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD is rather high; currently it is at 54.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.04% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $137.00 million or 7.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.36%.
- AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.26 versus $2.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.82 versus $2.26).
- You can view the full Avago Technologies Ratings Report .