Trade-Ideas: Tyson Foods (TSN) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Tyson Foods ( TSN) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tyson Foods as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TSN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.5 million.
- TSN is up 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TSN:
Tyson Foods, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production, distribution, and marketing of chicken, beef, pork, prepared foods, and related allied products worldwide. It operates in four segments: Chicken, Beef, Pork, and Prepared Foods. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. TSN has a PE ratio of 13.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Tyson Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Tyson Foods has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tyson has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 12.3% with 8.97 days to cover. Shares are up 47.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tyson Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 213.63% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.92% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 227.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $76.00 million to $249.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 104.52% to $542.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TYSON FOODS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.14%.
- You can view the full Tyson Foods Ratings Report .