Trade-Ideas: Citigroup (C) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Citigroup ( C) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Citigroup as such a stock due to the following factors:
- C has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.1 billion.
- C traded 24,123 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:44 AM.
- C is down 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in C with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for C NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on C:
Citigroup, Inc., a diversified financial services holding company, provides a range of financial products and services to consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Citicorp and Citi Holdings. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. C has a PE ratio of 16.2. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Citigroup a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Citigroup has been 24.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Citigroup has a market cap of $155.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 2.14 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.61 days to cover. Shares are up 32% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Citigroup as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1567.47% to $20,031.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, C is up 46.59% to its most recent closing price of 51.00. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 42.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2,946.00 million to $4,182.00 million.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report .