Facebook Fires Up for IPO: Tech Weekly
The partnership sees Microsoft and Barnes & Noble teaming up to form a joint venture for the NOOK tablet, bringing together Barnes & Noble's digital and college businesses.
Microsoft will own a 17.6% stake, with Barnes & Noble owning the remaining 82.4% in the as-yet-to-be-named company.
Shares of Microsoft closed the week down 3.5% at $30.98. Barnes & Noble gained $37.8% during the week to close at $17.90.
Starbucks(SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz and venture capital firm Accel Partners' Kevin Efrusy resigned from the board. Schultz is stepping down immediately, while Efrusy's resignation from the board of directors will be effective as of the company's annual meeting in June.
Groupon said Daniel Henry, the chief financial officer of American Express(AXP) , replaced Schultz, and Robert Bass, a vice chairman of accounting firm Deloitte LLP, should join its board after a shareholder vote at the annual meeting.
The Chicago firm has been wrestling with accounting issues since its IPO last year. Groupon recently restated fourth-quarter earnings, citing a shift in the company's deal mix and higher price offers, which have higher refund rates.
Shares of Groupon ended the week 16.4% lower at $9.97.