TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EPR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.84, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $41.96 million or 19.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, ENTERTAINMENT PROPERTIES TR's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 25.83%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 48.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $41.73 million to $21.37 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, ENTERTAINMENT PROPERTIES TR's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Entertainment Properties Trust, a real estate investment trust (REIT), develops, owns, leases, and finances entertainment and related properties in the United States and Canada. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.6, below the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 28.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Entertainment has a market cap of $1.89 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are down 7.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
Rating Change #8