Rates from Bankrate.com

  • Mortgage
  • Credit Cards
  • Auto
Local Business News

Here Are the Best Days of the Week to Buy Gas

Penny-pinching car owners can expect to find the lowest gas prices on Wednesdays in South Dakota but Thursdays in Delaware and Maryland.

National Top Stories
  • Market Hustle: Stocks Mixed on Earnings; Tech Slips While Banks Gain

    Stocks are mixed to lower Thursday amid sharp variation in corporate earnings as investors hedge their bets ahead of the Good Friday holiday. Jobless claims for the week beat expectations.

  • Morici: White House Strategy Fabricates Fear and Injustice

    Such tactics keep the economy in slow gear and make worse the very people President Obama professes to help.

  • Use Options For A Chance To Buy XPO At A 24% Discount

    Looking back to 77 days ago, XPO Logistics, Inc. priced a 15,000,000 share secondary stock offering at $25.00 per share.

  • YieldBoost Plantronics To 10.5% Using Options

    Shareholders of Plantronics, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.9% annualized dividend yield can sell the August covered call at the $45 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.35 bid, which annualizes to an additional 9.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 10.5% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

  • Strategy To YieldBoost PAG To 15.3% Using Options

    Shareholders of Penske Automotive Group looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.7% annualized dividend yield can sell the August covered call at the $45 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.95 bid, which annualizes to an additional 13.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 15.3% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $45 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but PAG shares would have to climb 4% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 8.6% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

Personal Finance
U.S. Small Business
Mobile & Gadgets
Energy & Green Business
Don't Miss
Jim Cramer's "Mad Money"
Investing Tips
Automotive
Luxury & Leisure