Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: An Irrational Stock Market
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are exceptions to every rule, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Wednesday. When it comes to the stock market, everything is most definitely not rational.
Cramer said the industrial stocks continue to soar despite having nothing new to say. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) saw its shares barely dinged despite cutting estimates.
And then there's Apple (AAPL) , a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. Apple's in-line results were seen as a disappointment, said Cramer, sending its shares down 8% in after-hours trading.
Despite having $137 billion in cash and pretty good earnings, the markets were focused on gross margins, which came in below consensus at 38.6%. The number of iPhones sold was also a tad below what Wall Street was expecting. Are sellers just taking profits or are they worn down by the stocks' total lack of momentum?
Cramer said it doesn't matter what the reason, but investors need to remove the emotions from Apple and realize that it's just another stock, one that will likely deliver decent, but not spectacular, earnings from here on out. Apple has a ton of potential, he said, but under Tim Cook we have yet to see any blockbuster new products that don't cannibalize existing ones.
"Don't let this one stock blind you to the other opportunities the market is offering," Cramer concluded.
Know Your IPO
In the "Know Your IPO" segment, Cramer highlighted Zoetis, the animal health division of Pfizer (PFE) , which is expected to offer 86.1 million shares next week between $22 and $25 a share.
Cramer said that Zoeits plays into the $22 billion animal health market, in which it currently has a 19% share. The new company makes everything from vaccines to feed additives and will derive 65% of its revenue from livestock and the remaining 35% from horses and household pets.